Food Services Specialist/Cook
Job Title: Food Services Specialist/Cook
Department: Early Childhood Education
Reports to: Site Supervisor
FLSA Classification:Non-Exempt, Part-time
Created / Updated: 06/2020
JOB POSITION OVERVIEW
Under the general supervision of the Site Supervisor, the Food Services Specialist will perform a full range of food service duties related to planning, organizing, and implementing the food service operations of the ECE Center. The Food Services Specialist operates and maintains the kitchen supplies and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition; prepares food inventory and orders supplies and equipment; calculates and maintains food preparation and proportion records; assures compliance with federal and State Child Nutrition guidelines; Assists in the care and supervision of children in the classroom, if necessary.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Plans, creates, and distributes monthly menus for the food service program; assures standardized recipes.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees a variety of tasks in the efficient operation of the food service program; oversees and participates in the preparation and cooking of daily meals that meet CACFP standards.
- Plans, organizes, oversees, and prepares food, bottles, and other food-related services for the infant program, if necessary, for their site.
- Operates and supervises the use, care, and operation of food service equipment.
- Maintains and/or ensures work areas are maintained in a sanitary manner; ensures in the cleaning of kitchen equipment and utensils on a routine and regular basis.
- Coordinates the set-up and delivery of food and beverages to the various classrooms.
- Maintains inventory of food and supplies; places orders; checks received goods against requisitions and invoices; inspects foods for standards of quality; stores inventory properly.
- Shops for groceries, supplies, and equipment that cannot be delivered; documents purchase according to established procedures and within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintains a variety of records and reports; prepares and maintains meal count sheets; prepares and maintains daily production reports; maintains, prepares recipe and label binders.
- Responds to inquiries in a courteous manner; provides information within the area of assignment; resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Aids instructional staff in the conduct of projects or activities related to the food service program and/or instructional activities which involve food or cooking.
- Participates in training and staff development activities including those mandated by CACFP food program.
- Prepares food for staff meetings and special events as assigned.
- Assemble, prepare, and serve a variety of food items in large quantities in a sanitary manner.
- Performs a variety of general clerical duties.
- Leadership – Maintain a positive, upbeat role, promote, and exemplify Company values and represents departmental objectives and interests to internal and external customers
- Customer Service – Follow up on complaints, questions, and concerns; respond to internal/external customer needs in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Teamwork – Develop and promote teamwork and cooperation among co-workers
- Safety – Comply with established safe work practices and attend to all safety-related training provided or made available by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in food preparation and/or food service
Required Technical / Other Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office products)
- Read, write, and speak fluent English
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination and TB test.
- Must pass background check and live scan thru DOJ, FBI and CCLD.
- Must provide immunization records showing vaccination, or immunity, to measles, whooping cough and the flu must be provided at the time of employment.
- Must have a valid Food Handlers Permit
- Must have a valid Drivers License
The physical demands described on the attached “Physical Demands of Position” chart are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. View job description for physical demands.
This position has access to confidential information – personal data of participants and families and participant medical records.
This position has access to company funds: for use of purchasing supplies and goods